Advocates will assist victims in devising a Safety Plan for emergency situations.
Some key things to remember are listed below:
- Keep keys and purse where you can get to them quickly.
- Teach children how to call 911 or how to use your cell phone.
- Create code words with family members for emergencies.
- Avoid kitchens and bathrooms during an argument.
- Take I.D. and medications when you leave.
- Drive to the police department if you are followed.
- Copy important papers and leave with a friend or family member.
- Devise a work safety plan with your employer.